Date: Sunday, September 8th
- 10:00am – First Long Start
- 11:15am – Last Long Start
- 2:15pm – Course Closure
- 2:30pm – Awards (or earlier if possible)
Start intervals: 2 minutes
Maximum time on course: 3 hours
Course setter: Wakana Heilman
Course controller: Ron Monk
Map: Sylvan Lake (updated 2019). ISOM 2017. Contour intervals 5m.
Course setter notes: This event will be held in the Cranbrook Community Forest by the College of the Rockies. Parts of the forest were logged in the last two years. The visibility in these areas is great. However, uneven ground with tree stumps and tall grass make for slow running. These areas are marked on the map as white forest with green lines. There is a substantial trail network some of which are overgrown. Many rock features are scattered throughout the map as well as very detailed contoured features.
Location: Cranbrook. Drive to Cranbrook College of the Rockies where ample parking is available.
This is a Canada Cup event.
There is a large parking lot at the College of the Rockies. The distance between the parking lot and the start is approximately 650 m.
Toilets are available at the track and field area north of the parking lot, inside of the auxiliary building which is west of the track. Also, if the college is open (limited hours) there are washrooms in there, which we can use.
- Northstar Roasters will be serving complimentary coffee to any participant who brings their own travel mug/ coffee and other items will also be for sale from 9am
- Flippin’ Crepes will be on site from 12noon-3pm, good chance to fuel up after the race and before your drive home!